Wednesday, September 4, 2013

My Teaching Philosophy

My swing philosophy focuses on helping my students to become more complete golfers. I recognize the fact that no two swings are alike and that there is not one perfect swing that fits everyone.  Each golfer is built differently both physically and psychologically. Although, that does not change the fact that the core fundamentals of grip, stance, alignment, ball position and posture must all be properly implemented. Good technique is crucial.  I aim to teach my students how to properly execute any golf shot, taking into consideration their individual physical attributes.  Since most of the game is played from 100 yards in, I put a great deal of emphasis on the short game.  Learning skills on a smaller scale makes it easier to transfer them to the full swing and driver.


All students are evaluated in their first hour golf lesson. A plan of action is directed from the ground up, from ball position, stance, posture, grip, etc.  When I teach specific golf skills, I break concepts into small chunks.  I use short, clear instructions, and tailor my lessons to each student’s abilities.  I use analogies and images that are easy to understand.  I address the student's style of learning, so that I am able to give the student proper feedback. A diagnosis of the students swing is taken, assessed, and addressed.  Drills are then put into place to reinforce what has been covered.  The atmosphere is very interactive between me and the student. It is important to establish good rapport, trust, and to make the student feel comfortable and relaxed to perform their best.

No comments:

Post a Comment